Monday, October 4, 2010

Counting down the days

Thursday, 9/30/10
Oh what fun it is to get ready for a long trip to Europe.  So many things to do and think about and most of all to REMEMBER!! 
I called the Credit Union today to let them know that I will be in Spain and the dates so that they won't deny my Visa card purchases.  The lady at the local branch took all of the information and added it to the online form to send in.  She wanted my cell phone number and I told her that I would NOT have it with me, as it wouldn't work in Spain anyway.  Then she asked for my email, which I gave to her.  As two of us plan to bring computers, I should have access to email.
Then she wanted a name, cell phone and email address for someone who would be able to contact me.  Do you think that I had anything at home with any of my friends email addresses on it?  Nada.  I am on dial up, so I couldn't look online, being I was using the phone.
I had mentioned that I had papers from my travel agent, but none of them had email addresses.  The lady at the Credit Union asked if my travel agent would be able to contact me and I said yes.  So I gave her Barb's name, phone number and email address.
About 10 minutes later the phone rang and it was the lady from the Credit Union.  She had submitted the form and the people from the credit card department immediately called her.  Apparently Visa credit cards issued by Honor (Berrien Teachers) Credit Union DO NOT WORK in Spain. 

Huh!

So, I guess I won't have to worry about losing my credit card in Spain!!  I did buy a Visa travel money card, but I was going to use my credit card as a back up. 
Now I will need to form a plan B.  I do have a credit card through 5/3 Bank, but only use it for overdraft protection.  I don't even think I have a physical card.  I think I cut it up when it came, because I never planned to use it.  I have a debit card from 5/3 which is also a Master Card, but I don't know that I want to take that to Europe with me.  Oh my.  What now?

No comments:

Post a Comment